Patty’s Pumpkin Pudding Recipe
Here is a tasty treat that will become a favorite in your house.
1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
2 to 4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
1/4 teaspoons ground cloves, optional
2 large eggs (use eggs with omega-3 content)
One 15 ounce can Libby’s 100% pure pumpkin
One 12-ounce can Carnation evaporated nonfat milk (or evaporated 2% milk)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Mix all the ingredients together and pour into an 8 by 8 inch casserole dish. Bake for about 30 minutes. Don’t overbake; the center should be slightly wiggly. Cool and refrigerate for later use.
This healthy pumpkin pudding recipe is an incredibly versatile dessert. Here are some tips for serving it.
- Spread into a pre-made pie shell, top with blueberries and whipped cream, and serve as a quick pumpkin cream pie.
- Crush up one graham cracker into a bowl, scoop a 1/2 cup of pudding over the crackers, and sprinkle with mint leaves.
- Cut up bananas in a bowl and top with the pumpkin pudding for a rich treat.
- Mix Greek yogurt with vanilla and honey and use that in place of whipped cream on top.
- For a fun holiday dessert, serve it as a dip with ginger bread men as “crackers” for dipping.