An important part of maintaining your good health is great nutrition. While we prefer that you get as many nutrients as you can from natural foods, for some people taking daily nutritional supplements is the best way to ensure you’re getting all of the proper nutrients in your diet.
Unfortunately, we often start off with good intentions, then start forgetting to take our daily dose. Soon, that bottle gets shoved into the back of the cabinet and it’s “out of sight, out of mind.”
Everything that is of real value in this world requires a little work. Good health is no different. With such hectic schedules it’s easy to forget to take our daily supplement, but with a little effort and some planning you’ll be able to keep your body supplied with the crucial nutrients it needs to perform at its peak every single day. Take care of your body, and it will take care of you.
Here are some easy tips for remembering to take your daily vitamins:
- The best way to take supplements is with a meal, preferably breakfast. After a while you’ll get into the habit of starting your day after taking your vitamins.
- Keep your vitamins next to your coffee maker, in the cereal cabinet or next to the toaster. Otherwise: out of sight, out of mind.
- Add a reminder on your calendar or “to do” list that pops up on your phone or computer. Yes, it really is just as important as your meetings.
- Take a supply of daily supplements with you when you travel and make sure you have enough to last you. Running out, especially if you’re in another country, is just a big bother.
- Keep a small supply in your purse/briefcase and for your desk at work. If you forget to take your vitamins in the morning, you can take them with lunch.
If you can keep at something for three weeks — whether it’s a new workout plan or taking your vitamins — you can form a positive habit that will take care of your health for years.